Since my family was kind of far away, my sister-in-law to be Elena volunteered to take me wedding dress shopping/browsing in Houston. At first I was hesistant because I really hate clothes shopping, especially something so specific like dresses because they never seem to fit me. Until ring dance, I hadn't even owned a dress since I was fourteen (I wear a lot of skirts and tops for church). Luckily, Elena had heard about this little formal dress boutique in Katy, TX, called
The Silver Hanger than specializes in modest prom and wedding dresses! (It's run by members, lol). We went to David's Bridal and a couple other wedding stores, but nothing came close to The Silver Hanger. At the big box stores, I don't think we saw a single sleeved dress and only a handful that even had straps. Though The Silver Hanger was a lot smaller, they had several entire racks of just sleeved wedding dresses. Elena managed to get me to try on over a dozen (literally, I think I tried on 17?) dresses, and then narrow it down until I found two I really liked and fit me well. I came back the next weekend with my parents (they were coming for graduation) and bought one of the two dresses. A couple fitting sessions and alterations later and I finally had my wedding dress! Huge checkmark for the wedding-to-do list.
 |
| Elena bought me breakfast at Blue Baker to start off the day. |
 |
| ... plus, required reading material and some yellow roses (the only set thing in my wedding plans) to help us brainstorm... or something like that. |
 |
| dress option #1 of the two dresses I ended up picking out (and this ended up being the dress I bought), definitely more classic and very plain on most of the dress, but it fit me like a glove. |
 |
| It's a bit long and the shoulders are way too big, but the train is gorgeous!!! and it's removeable! |
 |
| dress option #2 - a bit more modern and fun with some really pretty beading on the bodice |
 |
| The train / skirt would have to be bustled and the waist and shoulders were too tall, but it reminded me of Beauty and the Beast, lol, the Belle dress. |
 |
| You have to visit David's Bridal ... it's like the warehouse of weddings... so crazy in there. |
 |
| Stepping into David's Bridal and the first thing I saw were these bridesmaids dresses, and I remember thinking "those are so gorgeous! love the color" and then, lo and behold, they both ended up as two of my three bridesmaids' dresses. go figure. |
 |
| ... taking a picture with the roses for color comparison - so pretty! |
 |
| Elena insisted that she get me something cheesy with Bride on it, so I settled for a hat, which I ended up wearing to all of my bridal showers, so I guess it was a worthwhile pick. |
 |
| ... It was pretty fun being the center of attention for a day ... maybe I can handle this whole wedding thing... maybe... |
0 comments:
Post a Comment