Feb 14 - Valentine's Day

Typically, Valentine's Day has always been my least favorite holiday.  However, this year I've been really trying to make the best of everything and just have a better attitude in life, as well as be more involved.  So I actually went to our valentine FHE activity where we made valentines for a local hospital.  It was actually pretty fun (despite it being freezing, hence all the winter clothes).  And I ended up having a pretty good Valentine's Day after all this year (esp. due to certain events ;) story to follow).

Rachel and Lisa showing off their creations (... though Rachel is holding one of my cards... hmm).




Lisa also convinced me to go to the institute's annual Valentine's Dance, despite the fact neither of us had dates (probably only half the people there actually had dates anyway), and it ended up being really fun (aside from walking on cobble stone sidewalks in heels - not cool).  I got to dance quite a bit, quite a few of them with Danny, who happened to be on a date with someone else at the time.  It was really nice, and it's always held in the Academic Bldg on campus (oldest bldg with a gorgeous dome) under the dome with three levels of balconies rising around the seal in the middle of the floor, and the activities committee does a great job decorating every year. (sorry I didn't get any good pictures, these are from a friend)

Couples dancing from above (Danny and I are the couple in blue and black at the bottom)

0 comments: