Feb 27 - RS enrichment activities

My roommate Lisa is a counselor in the Relief Society presidency and over the enrichment meetings (or "home-making mtgs" or "additional RS mtgs" or whatever they are called now).  As such, I got to see first hand all the amount of work and stress put into planning and carrying out these activities, esp. with a practically non-existent committee to help out and her general tendency to overwork herself to make it perfect.  So, trying to be a good roommate and a good friend, I often helped out when I could and attended as many as I could.  This particular activity was to learn how to fix bikes, taught by a bike afficiando Donnie from our ward.  As well done as the morning activity was, it only attended by Donnie, Lisa, myself, the other RS counselor Rachel, and one of the enrichment committee members.  Oh well, it was a nice day and we got to learn how to change a tire, fix a flat, and tweak breaks.  ... would I be able to actually do any of those things when I need to? ... maybe, haha.



One other really funny thing, well sorta funny thing, at the very end of the activity just before we were about to leave, Donnie saw that the breaks on Lisa's bike were a bit stiff, so he said he'd fix them really quick.  Well, he took off the wheel and got the brakes fixed, put the wheel back on and went to test ride it just to double check... when he got on, something happened and the wheel rim just bent straight down the middle.  We then realized, he only screwed back on one side of the while!  so then Lisa's tight brake problem ended up becoming a totaled and unrideable bike.  Donnie apologized profusely and eventually took her bike into the shop and got it fixed for her, but she was without it for several weeks.  Poor Lisa, lol.

0 comments: