Mar 11 - RS birthday party

Every March, the Relief Society pretty much has a mandate that you celebrate the birthday of its formation.  So, Lisa, in charge of Enrichment activites, had to plan this too, and in turn, I ended up helping ... a lot.  Especially once Lisa realized that I've done a bit of cake decorating in the past as a hobby and thought it'd be fun to have it as activity for a RS birthday party.  So, I offered to "teach" it, as much as I knew at least from a kit I got a few years back and playing around with cakes.  ... then I ended up also making the cupcakes and frosting, buying the supplies and party decorations, and spending the entire day prepping, teaching and cleaning up after the activity... right in the middle of midterms and just before I left for spring break.  *Phew* busy week.  Lisa joked that for as much as I do, I should've been called to the Enrichment committee chair, haha.

A few of the lovely ladies who attended - fortunately, unlike the bike activity, we had a great turn out to this party and everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves.

Rachel and one of her creations

Danny, being a dutiful boyfriend, helped with hanging decorations and clean up and provided our priesthood member helper person ... apparently a requirement, but a huge help all the same.  ... the girls decided to let him join the decorating process, which he took quite seriously and seemed to enjoy as well.  :)

Gina and one of her frosting flowers

The Stake RS presidency got word of our birthday party activity and since they try to attend an enrichment mtg from each ward, they decided to attend this one ... no pressure, sure... especially when Sis. Todd actually used to teach professional cake decorating! yikes... but while she did give a few tips and suggestions and did say my frosting was too soft to decorate with (i've never been good with frosting), she was quite impressed with what I could do with it and said she even learned a thing or too.  pretty cool.


Some of the finished creations... very delicious!

0 comments: