Venice, part one - walking tour

Right after returning from fall break, our class got to visit Venice for four days. Despite it being overcast and rainy most of the week, it really was quite a pretty place. Although it may be Italy, it was far different from everything else we had seen so far. Of course, the biggest difference is that there are not really any roads, and there are no cars - only canals and boats. Everyone either walks on all the maze of paths and bridges or uses boats. They even have taxi and bus boats, though they are just regular boats -- gondolas, like the ones above, are very prevalent but really just for tourists.

We got to Venice in the afternoon and first had a walking tour with a local old woman. She was a little odd, liked to go up ahead then poke her head around the corner and holler "yoo-hoo!" at us in a high sing-songy voice, and she also told really random facts that didn't really mean much. On top of that, the headsets she gave us weren't really working, and I was still a little seasick from not being used to the boats, so I just walked and looked without really listening. So, to make a long story short, I don't actually remember what any of these places are except that they are in the historic part of Venice and they were pretty, lol. ... so, here are some nice pictures of Venice, and if I find out what any of them actually are, I'll come back later and fix it.





















0 comments: