skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Last tuesday was the last time I got to go to my watercolor class. It was a little bittersweet. I had a lot of fun and I really enjoy my time there, but I'm going to miss it so much. I looked forward to tuesday afternoons so much this semester, and I've learned a lot too. I have a few more paintings I've done, but haven't taken pictures of them yet. Once I do, I'll post the last few pieces I did in this class. The photo above is the rest of my class on our twenty minute walk to our teacher's house. ... yes, there are just the four of us, but it has been really nice that way. :)
... our teacher is so sweet, nearly always waiting for us at the corner of his house where his studio is.
... the studio, above the garage, where he and us do all our artworks.
...me with Gabriele Menci, my art teacher for the semester, inside his studio with many of his paintings hung on the wall. haha, for some reason, he never seems to smile in pictures we take, no matter how much we try to get him to smile (Jenna thinks he might be self-conscious that he is missing a few teeth). It seems weird seeing photos of him like this because in class he is always smiling and giggling and talking rapidly - he never looks this serious, ever! he is a goofy fun man and really loves art, and is just fun to be around. He even teaches us Italian words and culture and has even recited Italian poetry, esp. from Dante's Divine Comedy (which all italians seem to have memorized, so I've found). He definitely made this class what it was, and I'm glad I had the opportunity to meet him and learn from him.
... group shot with the whole class (l-r): Jenna, me, Gabriele, Maggie, and Chris.
us again with his wife, Maria, who treats us every week to tea and cookies. :)
This is a traditional italian treat I've grown to love called crostata, basically a large shortbread/cookie like crust with fresh fruit marmalade on top - sooo good! (and waaay better homemade by Maria than the storebought stuff they serve at the center, lol). They were always so generous and didn't let us leave the kitchen until all four of us had eaten the entire crostata... not that that was such a difficult task, haha.
0 comments:
Post a Comment