skip to main |
skip to sidebar
We decided, just to be fair to all eras of art history, we ought to see the Pompidou Center and the Musee National d'Art Moderne. For the most part, it seemed to pick up where the Orsay left off, so that was kind of nice. It had some of the early works of painters such as Picasso, the beginning of the stage for modern arts. The center itself is an ultra modern six-story complex designed by Renzo Piano (the same guy who did the armadillo auditoriums in Rome) with all of the equipment and systems color coded and visible to the public. ... I think I prefer his auditoriums to this complex in terms as interior asthetics, but I suppose it's very fitting to house a modern art museum in the 4th and 5th floors.

... some of the outside, random large ... uh, things. the one benefit of the Pompidou Center is it had a large paved slightly sloping area in front that was the only place we could find to sit and eat lunch. Many other people took advantage of the sunny place and it was covered with clusters of others sitting, eating, reading, and talking.
... this is a major focus of the center, the outdoor escalators inclosed in glass that lead to each of the six floors.
... going up the escalators while looking at the city... they actually had a really nice view near the top, seeing as most of the surrounding buildings were a story or two shorter.
... some of the art... okay, most of the art, I'll never be able to enjoy or understand. I only took pictures of a few. This particular piece is supposed to look really different depending on which angle you look at it from ... uh, sure...
...one of the few pieces I kind of liked, an early Picaso piece. I just liked it because the part that is not colored shows great hatching and cross hatching sketching techniques... and it was actually a picture of something that wasn't indecent or gruesom or just so simplistic it looked like a preschooler's work...
... like these ones, lol.
We were going to go to the Picaso Museum as well, but (un)fortunately it was closed that day. I think we'll live. Later that day, we also went to Musee Carnavalet, a house converted into a French History Museum (no photos allowed inside though) with a small but nice very french orderly garden outside (shown above).
... some more pics of things around Paris. I really liked looking at the bridges, especially when the sun hit them just so, since they are so different from the ones in Italy.
0 comments:
Post a Comment