skip to main |
skip to sidebar
HAPPY THANKSGIVING FROM ITALY! Probably one of the most unique experiences I'll ever have here is spending Thanksgiving in Italy, a country that doesn't celebrate it. Also probably the only thanksgiving I'll ever spend going to classes as well... -_- oh well, I survived. And it actually ended up being a really fun day, despite having classes and homework and not being with family. I had good friends and conversation still and it was a nice time.
(l-r) Courtney R., me, and Chris
(l-r) Grace, Jennifer, and Erin
... the cafeteria with everyone getting excited and waiting for our Thanksgiving lunch.
The cooks even prepared a mostly traditional meal for us as well, which helped make it feel a little more like a holiday. We got turkey and bread stuffing (which, while I really liked and tasted like homemade, my friends were a little more hesitant - they all have southern style cornbread stuffing, and some had never even heard of stuffing made with "crutons" as they kept calling it, lol) and mashed potatoes and peas and salad. The also served apple turnovers and pumpkin cookies. No cranberry sauce or pumpkin pie, but all in all, a very good meal!
0 comments:
Post a Comment