Paris, part one - Notre Dame

This begins my week long excursion to Paris, France, for my fall break with my parents. So as I take a break from Italy, enjoy!
First stop, Notre Dame. Our hotel was just down the street from this lovely gothic cathedral, so we were able to take lots and lots of great pictures as we saw it everyday. So, I couldn't narrow my pics down anymore, so I'll just let them do the talking.






... the famous gigantic rose windows on the east and west facades.
... the back view, had a small garden area behind it.

... gargoyles! :D

... you don't find this kind or near as much stained-glass in italian gothic architecture.

... or this kind of intricate curly metal work either.

... the famous pointed arches and ribbed groin vault ceilings.

... one of the many sculptures in and around the church nave.
...they had this very intricately detailed model on display, a perfect scale model of the cathedral itself. very cool.

0 comments: