skip to main |
skip to sidebar
After all the tours, my friends and I just explored Rome for a little while. We went to Hadrian's tomb, a castle like fortress thing, but decided it wasn't worth the 8 euro entrance fee when it was already so late in the day. So, we just explored around it, and got to see Bernini's Bridge of Angels right across from it.
... Hadrian's tomb.
One of the first angels. I simply fell in love with his full of life baroque sculptures, they truly are so beautiful. I could have stayed for hours on this bridge, but we spent less than a minute crossing it. ... oh well, I got a couple good pictures.

After wandering, we kept getting lost, trying to find the famed Hard Rock Cafe (everyone had been really craving American food). Luckily, once you get within several blocks, they start having signs pointing the way.
... outside at night in Rome.
... we made it! so, while it was American food, it was still Italian service - very nice, but notoriously slow. It took only twenty mintues to be seated, amazingly enough, but it took half an hour to order. Then nearly an hour later, we still had not got our food, when suddenly our waiter showed up carrying...
... a huge plate of chips and dips. He said that our order had been lost, and to apologize we got the chips for free! We were happy with food, especially such good food too. It'd been too long since I'd had some good salsa. ...
... two minutes later... if that. :) Fortunately, our waiter had even remembered our orders with all of our requests, and we got our food less than half an hour later...
0 comments:
Post a Comment