Halloween, pt 2

My favorite part of Halloween by far (well, except maybe getting candy) is getting to make costumes.  I always make mine by hand and then get so into it I spend waaaayyy too long making it then I ever spend actually wearing it.  but oh well, who cares.  I enjoy it!  So this year, I really wanted to try doing a Cleopatra, sounded like a lot of fun.  ... probably the hardest part was getting myself to wear so much make up, lol.
Another Halloween tradition as of late that I'll miss is the Institute Halloween Party.  Here's most of the crowd that attended in a group shot. 
There were lots of really neat costumes, many I didn't get any pictures of, like the various Disney princesses (I saw Belle, Cinderella, and Snow White at least, plus Tinker Bell), the zebra (this girl dressed in black and white and then spiked and dyed her long hair into a black and white foot long mohawk ... actually ended up winning the scariest costume award, haha), the pregnant house wife and milkman (very creative couples idea), the Fruit of the Loom (one guy dressed up as a bag of white underwear and three girls dressed up as the fruit on the commercials), and loads others.  Here's some of the others I did get.
Gina (right) and her roommate, Sarah, as care bears
... this is the bishop from College Station University Ward and his wife as bikers... I think...
one of the institute teachers and his wife
me and Lisa - she couldn't decide what to be for a really long time, and I kept trying to give her more and more ideas.  finally, after at least two dozens ideas got shot down, I through one out as a joke and she loved it ... she went as a traffic light, haha.  oh, did I mention, she's a traffic engineer? lol.  though I guess it paid off, she won the most creative costume award (and being a sweet roommate, she shared her candy prize with me since I gave her the idea and helped her make her costume).  I liked how our costumes turned out, but ...
... apparently we weren't very original.  Both of our costumes had doubles at the party, surprisingly, since I didn't see any other person with a duplicate there.  oh well.

the Coopers went as Hera and Zeus
Rachel's was a little trickier ... she wanted to do something with Nicole (right), but Nicole wanted to be a ninja of some sort, not exactly Rachel's first choice, so somehow or another, they compromised by letting Nicole be a ninja vampire slayer and Rachel being a vampire ... but of course, you can't be a traditional vampire any more, you have to be Stephanie Meyer's vampires, lol.  So Rachel just covered herself in glitter and then brought an apple to create her costume ...
... can you tell what she is?
... here's her inspiration, haha.  it was so funny going around to everyone and asking whether they got it or not.  Every single girl immediately clicked, but as for the guys... only a couple got it, and even then only with major hints (as subtle as "it's from the twilight books"... pause. "... oh! the cover! I knew that" ... riiiiight... haha), and then accompanied by major eye rolls from the guys.
this was a runner up most creative costume that I really liked for its fun and simplicity - it's Operation! and he actually had velcro removable parts and even brought tongs so people could "play" the game.
... Buddy the Elf getting a little too into his character, lol.
the winners of best costume overall, the witches from Hocus Pocus.  very lovely job, looked just like the movie - and they even brought in the mop, broom and vacuum!
Winnie and Donnie just having fun as hippies.

0 comments: