Now that I'm no longer in a tiny little dorm, I can actually do fun things like decorate for holidays (above are some ceramic jack o'lantern candle holders I bought in high school, but we can't have candles in our apartment, so I got battery operated ones). For Halloween this year, Lisa and I sorta had a pumpkin decorating party with Rachel and Lisa's classmate Subrity. It was small and casual but a lot of fun. It's been a long time since I carved a pumpkin and Lisa bought a kit with all the tools and patterns. ...who knew it'd be so much easier with proper tools than using kitchen utensils?
It was especially fun for Subrity because she is an international student and had never carved a pumpkin before.
Lisa's sister sent a care package of some ... bizarre things, including this edible gummy severed hand complete with candy bone skeleton inside. ... pretty disgusting.
finally finished! exhausted but happy
all our finished pumpkins ... and to think Subrity's spider was her very first carved pumpkin. If my first jack o'lanturn looked half as good as hers did, I'd be doing good.
... lit up with my battery candles.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN! :D








0 comments:
Post a Comment