It's a friday night, so what do I have better to do... than write a blog entry? lol. Now that I've been in school for six weeks (can you believe it's October?!), I figured I should write again.
I suppose it's just the life as an architecture student, but... as busy as it was a few weeks ago, it has been just as slow these last couple weeks. go figure.
So what has my life been up to? The main reason it's been slow is because studio has been unusually light... unsettlingly light. Our second project is a group project, and as group projects tend to go, one person seems to do everything. Mine is the same - one girl in particular took upon herself to do almost the entire project, no matter how much the rest of us wanted to help and do something. Anytime we did something, it ended up just not getting used, so eventually the rest of us just stopped trying. The reason for it is she is the only one who knows how to use this certain program that did every aspect of the project relatively easily, but since the rest of us didn't know the program, she just did it all. Not that it was a bad thing - her stuff really was good and I think the project turned out alright, and we are pretty much finished except for printing while most groups have a long ways to go. But, on the other hand, it's really frustrating when I have a project but nothing to do for it. *sigh* I never thought I'd be happy for the next project in order to actually have something to do. Hopefully the prof. likes our project (all post pics later).
In my other classes, well... I dropped pilates. I wasn't liking it at all (it was giving me bad headaches and heartburn from laying down so much), and the time was really inconvient, so since it was just a one credit hour class that I can pick up anytime, I dropped it to reduce stress. Perhaps next semester I'll take self defense for my pe...
Systems is an awful class - the idea of the subject sounds good, but the way it is being taught isn't helpful at all. We hardly discuss anything that isn't just common sense yet she gives us these assignments that require a lot of knowledge that she isn't teaching. Also, she and the TA are no help at all when it comes to questions about anything. They don't exactly seem to know what they are talking about. And we just got our latest assignment - a group project. -_- We have to build a sun dial that is completely accurate yet still creative. ... blah.
History is slightly better - I'm beginning to understand her accent a little better, though some words still take a moment to register what she meant to say. She also doesn't pause as much, which helps its interest level... somewhat. I still have to fight to stay awake and take notes, though many people don't bother with either, blatantly napping or playing on their laptops. Oh well, it's their grades at stake... oh, and we just got assigned... a group project. *sigh* ...what's the deal with all these group projects all the sudden?! Who actually likes doing group projects, I mean really?
Anyway, Oceanography is just like History with its boring lectures and everyone around me not paying attention, though at least we don't have a project in here. We do have groups, though, for the quizzes. -_- At least the tests aren't group - I just got back my first test (1/2 multiple choice and 1/2 short answer, which was unexpected - until I got my test, I thought it would be just multiple choice... that was a bit of a shock...). Even with short answers, I got a 96!!! The class average was a 79, and most of my quiz group members got lower than that... glad I didn't have to give them my answers this time. So I guess this class isn't awful. Lab is going pretty well (or at least, I think so - I haven't seen any of my lab grades yet, but I'm getting A's on all the pre- and post-labs, so I figure I'm doing fine on the labs too). My lab partners are friendly and actually do work, and we always get out early in the class with very minimal homework. Sad to say, but if institute didn't count, lab is my favorite class... *sigh*
However, Book of Mormon is by far my favorite time of the week. I love my teacher, Bro. McMullin, and always enjoy the discussions we get into, ... though truth be told, many of them are pretty loosely tied to the Book of Mormon if related at all. I don't mind though. And, I get to play piano as much as I want when I'm in the institute building - the teachers don't mind at all, in fact they always lament when I stop. That is a nice feeling.
Church... well... my new calling is a little stressful, to say the least. I still feel totally lost, and something tells me I will until I'm released. I just hope I can fulfill this calling the best I can without a total nervous collapse. ... we'll see. Choir's not too bad, though a little more intense this year. Having a music major for a director is neat, but she's not easily impressed and always seems to have some critique to add. I suppose that will make us a better choir, but after several weeks it would be nice to get more encouraging feedback. I'm still excited for all the songs we get to sing, though, and I'm sure they'll turn out nice. Our first song we'll preform in two weeks, so hopefully we'll be ready to her standards.
I probably should stop rambling and actually study for once. ... perhaps :)
One last thing, I sure hope we BTHO Oklahoma State, Aggies! :D
0 comments:
Post a Comment