2nd project

It's hard to believe it, but I just turned in my 2nd project of the semester yesterday despite only being in school for 6 weeks - we only have 3 projects... even more unusual, I got my grade back today (it took my prof. over two weeks to get us our first project grade). So, I figured it would be appropriate timing to tell about my latest project.

It was a group project for New Hope for Cambodian Children, an organization that is creating this village-like complex for children who have or were orphaned due to HIV/AIDS. We had to design: a vocational center where adults living there and in nearby villages can learn training in crafts and skills to earn a living; an educational center to teach the children subjects such as literacy in English and Khmer (native language), computer skills, music, art, and Cambodian dancing; and dormitory complexes for the short- and long-term visitors that come to help out in the center.

We had three weeks to design the buildings and create presentation boards to send off to a prospective donor that will consider our designs to actually build there! Since we had many groups, the class took a vote of our favorites to be sent. We only got to send three projects so as to not overwhelm them, and so they saw the best ones. My group got chosen as one of the three, so if ours is chosen, we could actually have a real built design in existence, in just our second year! Wouldn't that be so awesome?! And it would look *great* on a resume / portfolio. :)

So, here is my group's project:




So, what do you think? :)
Oh, and by the way, Texas A&M beat OSU, 24-23, which means we are the top of the Big 12 conference! Whoop!

1 comments:

Richard Crookston said...

I love it. I hope they choose your project. I love you.
Mom