more pictures...

Other chairs and some of their builders in my studio, to give you an idea of what else is being created.

Chris Atnip, who sits next to me, on his 'throne' weighing in over hundred pounds of cardboard and glue. He is always the first one to start working and the first to finish, of course much earlier than needed. But he is a great guy and never boasts - always works diligently and quietly.
Chris Ritchie (there are actually 3 Chris's in our class, but I don't know the third one very well) sits across from me, the overachiever of the bunch. He made two full size design boards (only one required) and always does incredible artwork, above and beyond what's needed. His chair also has a matching footstool that fits in the bottom of the chair.
Erin's chair - she sits on the other side of me; it's about 3 1/2 feet tall, and the top is removable to make a little cup like seat on top and the removed part is a foot stool; if you leave in the foot stool, it can be turned over to make a small round table.
Jennifer's chair - she sits behind me; one of the few chairs in the bunch smaller than mine. Her chair is a small lounger that can be used as a small table or bar stool when turned on its side
Philip's chair - he sits on the other side of the studio. He's a really nice guy who really cares about everyone, and who can be really random, like the day he walked in with a 1/2 foot tall mowhawk that he had his roommate cut at 2am that day. His lounger is unbelievable comfortable considering how it looks, with a surprisingly little cardboard. Ryan's chair - I don't know him very well, but I do know he is very particular about keeping his workspace clean... a difficult task for any studio, esp. ours during a cardboard project.
Weecho's chair - His name is Jose Luis, and in Spanish the nickname for Luis is Weecho, so that's what everyone calls him. His chair is ... different; yes, it is facing the right direction. He claims to have used a bed of nails as inspiration for the design and, though I haven't, people say it's comfortable to sit on. It does hold the weight though.
Zach's chair - Zach is ... a nice and generous guy who loves to talk and share his life stories and expert wisdom with everyone. His chair is kind of hard to get into, but I've heard it's comfortable. He designed it so that if you made more than one of them, they would stack.Patrick's chair - Patrick sits across from Chris R. He decided to create a chair that was different from everyone else's, and this is what he came up with. He calls it a TV chair, though I personally couldn't stand laying on my stomach for a very prolonged period of time. He did however do a superb job of using the least cardboard that can still hold people up.

These are about half of the chairs made in my studio. Some weren't done when I took pictures, ... some weren't done when we turned them in. I may post a couple more (if I they don't take them home right away) because a few that were nearly done are really cool! Just thought you might enjoy.

1 comments:

Richard Crookston said...

It is so much fun to see everyone's chairs. I can't believe all the hard work you all put in. I love you, Mom.