... well, almost. It technically is next Monday, but it feels like it's already spring break because today I took my last midterm and turned in my two projects. I only have three more classes for the week, none of which have any quizzes or homework, and since I've been working non stop for the last two weeks on all my projects and they are finally DONE and turned in, it feels like spring break. So, I thought I'd post pictures of all these things to which I've devoted my entire life. Overall I think that my midterms went pretty well. I'm not sure I did that great in my design seminar - an in-class essay about a building you pick from 6 choices, discussing what's 'interesting' about it and its design components... *bleh* - but no one else really has a clue either and it's only a 1 credit hour course, so not a big deal. My math test that I took this morning went pretty well, I think... hopefully. I remembered how to do it all, so that's a good sign. It all depends on if I had a lot of careless mistakes or not.
My projects ... well, they're done. The chair turned out pretty neat, and even the design board wasn't too bad - not great but since I had to learn photoshop and make it all yesterday due today, I think it turned out okay. My computer class just finished a project where we took drawings we did for a previous assignment (had to measure a specific assigned staircase in the Langford building and draw out all the floor plans and sections) done in AutoCAD (a drafting program), transfered them to Autodesk VIZ (a 3D modeling program), and create a 3D model from those drawings. SO, I basically had to recreate a staircase and bridge portion of the building in a 3D model on the computer. I definitely spent a lot of time on this one, more than a lot of other people it seems. Some of the difficulty was because the guy who helped take all the measurements of the area (about 5 of us had the same set of stairs) apparently was rounding as much as 3 inches off just to "make it easier", but it really made it worse because then even with the 'right' measurements, it did look right. Oh well. Hopefully since all of us used the same measurements, the professor won't notice that it's not actually accurate to the real thing. It did turn out looking really nice though, once we learned how to put lighting on it.
So, the pictures are as follows:
The first two pictures are still shots of my lighted staircase 3D model for my computer class. The next two pictures are photoshopped versions of my finished chair (I just thought it was cool that I learned how to cut out pictures so they are on a white background). The last picture (clicking it should make it big enough to read, if you really wanted to) is my design board that I actually turned in for the competition.




1 comments:
Great posts! Very interesting also. Thanks. Will be great to see you in June for the wedding. Loveyou. Grandma and Grandpa Clark
Post a Comment