Venturing out...

Well, I ventured out again, with much more success than this morning.

I went to something they called Aggiefest, basically lots of freebies and food with tables set up and some games like frisbee and soccer and I even think dominos. I went for the food, snow cones and strawberries :D yum. I also met a few other people there, though I'm terrible with names. First a freshman girl named Eleanor (sp?) talked to me but she was on her phone with her ex-boyfriend the whole time, then left to go to his place. Then I talked to some 5th year seniors in mechanical engineering and geology, very nice people. Then I talked for quite a while to a junior accounting major named Chrissy(?), I think, also very nice.

Then the crowds starting dieing down as the event was ending so I decided to walk down to a Hot Dog cookout. Along the way, however, just before the cookout was another cookout I (and many others by the looks of it) mistook for the Hot Diggity Dog event. It ended up being some all faith bible study organization, though they were also giving out free food so I just joined it instead. It was actually pretty neat; tons of people came to it, prob. also thinking it to be the other cookout. They kept rejoicing what great turnout they had and fretting over not having enough food. Just when I was all alone and about to leave, it started to rain, then pour! Everyone ran to get under the tiny little pavillion (the picture above), cramming together. Despite getting wet and several going with meatless hamburgers (cheese and lettuce on buns), we were pretty much forced to meet and talk with each other as we just passing around the chips and cookies. I met lots of new people, mainly officers/leaders in the bible organization and those in later grades (not many freshman today), though they were are very nice. A few from my hall even walked with me back to the dorms once the rain died down to a drizzle since it was dark. One of them was an RA from the second floor. It was a lot of fun, as oddly enough, because it rained. Who would have thought a BBQ getting rained out would be so much fun?


Hopefully the rest of the week well keep getting better, if I can just keep forcing myself to leave the room once in a while. :)

some of the views from my dorm room; the academic building to my left, Kyle field to the front, and the bell (clock) tower just to the right of it. I guess I got lucky by getting a room with a view, even if it is four stories up.


0 comments: