
It's official. I'm a college student.
Today, after waking up very early in the morning and driving for three and half hours and unloading for a couple hours and dragging all my stuff up to my "new" (built in '64) dorm on the fourth floor (with no elevators) and organizing for a few more hours, I have moved into my dorm. I am pretty sure that I have everything I need and it now has a place, though my roommate will not arrive for a couple days, so a lot of it will probably change. But for a day or two, it'll do.
I am now on my own. It's a scary thought, for sure. I do what I want, when I want, and have to fend for myself, actually making myself do what I need to do. Classes don't start until Monday, so I have some time to mosy around campus, learn where my classes and dining halls are, and (hopefully) meet some new people and perhaps get free food and stuff while I'm at it. :D Then I actually have to start my classes, another eerie thought. But until then, I need to learn campus and find people... yeah, shy silent Sarah forced to venture off and find new friends... that'll be the day. Hopefully I won't lock myself in my dorm for an entire semester... minus classes and food that is. We'll see. A new school year begins.
... The clock tower outside my dorm is ringing the quarter hour, telling me it's late and that another loud noisy train should be passing by on the neighboring tracks any minute. I don't know yet how early the trains start, but I'm sure I'll learn quickly. I'll post more pictures of the campus once I take them.
0 comments:
Post a Comment