Don't worry, I promise this was my last bridal shower, lol. I never intended to have three showers, it just kinda worked out that way. My school friends wanted to have one early before we all graduated and moved away; I knew I wanted one with all of my former leaders and lady friends from back home and with my mom; and of I course my maid-of-honor/roommate still wanted to host one for all of our friends still in College Station. So there you go.
I helped Lisa plan for the event and while we were getting a bit tense near the end, it went better than either of us could have hoped for. One really huge plus was Lisa's suggestion of booking the game room at our apartment complex - it looked great and, a huge plus - we didn't have to worry about cleaning our place up beforehand and then cramming everyone in. We got lots of decorations and tons of food and played wedding themed games and just had a blast. Oh, and while my first shower was more, ahem, "traditionally" themed, gift-wise, Lisa was determined this one had to have a theme too, so we made it a kitchen themed (since that is something I really enjoy and was practically half the gift registry anyway)... which basically meant everyone brought me gifts for the kitchen and we gave away kitchen themed prizes... we didn't really do anything else kitchen related. oh well, it was still fun.
 |
| Lovely hostesses - we kept with my wedding colors for the theme and decorated the whole place in blue and yellow. |
 |
| color coordinated without even knowing! :D (l-r) Leann, Diana, Gina, Sarah M. |
 |
| grabbing some grub - Lisa came up with these fruit kabob ideas, a huge hit and so cute! |
 |
| my co-workers, Susie (left) and Danielle |
 |
| (l-r) Elena (sister-in-law to-be and bridesmaid) and Suzanne |
 |
| talking and telling stories |
 |
| playing games - the first game we played was a matching game of wedding terms, each match resulting in a corresponding candy bar as the prize (eg. groom = Mr. Goodbar; bridemaids = Airheads; groomsmen = 3 Musketeers; honeymoon surprise = Baby Ruth, haha). Everyone did really well on this one, and nearly everyone got a chance and won a candy bar. |
 |
| The second game we played was memory, with a twist. I walked around with a tray of random items, and then left the room, and then everyone had to guess what I was wearing! haha, totally fooled everyone, but they still got quite a few things. There were several who got the same number of things but Elena won because she had such a detailed list (eg, instead of t-shirt, she put "blue collared shirt with dragonfly", lol) and won some kitchen utensils. |
 |
| The third game was a wedding style jeopardy, to learn more about me and Danny. Our categories were Sarah, Danny, Dating, Wedding and Future plans. We tried to split up the teams so we'd put those who we figured knew a lot of the answers (ie. roommates, Danny's family, etc.) separated, but the one who actually ended up hauling on the game was Rachel. She even got some of the questions about Danny right that Elena (his sister) didn't know! haha. Rachel always did have an uncanny ability to remember things about you, lol. |
 |
| The winning group for this game won rings ... ring pops, that is :) |
 |
| ... telling engagement stories. |
 |
| time for presents! |
 |
| ... one of my friends decided to stray from the "kitchen" themed gifts ... let's just say my blushing reaction says enough. |
 |
| ... moving on! :) |
 |
| It was funny, by the time I got to this set, I must have received the entire Pyrex line of glass dishes - and I love them all! I now have four nesting mixing bowls w/ lids; four food storage bowls w/ lids; 4- and 2-cup measuring cups; 9x13, 7x11 and 8x8 pans w/lids; 4x8 loaf pan; and 9.5" pie plate. I never thought I'd use so much glass bakeware (I was always scared of dropping them and breaking them) but I'm totally converted! They cook great and store well and always look presentable too. |
 |
| Rachel had some fun with her creative wrapping - she used grocery store ads, but the best part are the two people on top: the bride is cut out from fresh fruit pictures, and the groom is cut out from prime meat pictures, haha. |
 |
| Rachel - champion at remembering random facts about friends and making creative wrappings |
 |
| (l-r) Holly and Diana |
 |
| several of my friends went together and got us this huge popcorn popper and two bags of popcorn too, so cool and can't wait to make some. |
 |
| all the amazing ladies who got to come celebrate with me! |
0 comments:
Post a Comment