sketching
Posted by
Sarah
on Sunday, October 12, 2008
Labels:
italy
One great thing I have discovered while here is that I really enjoy drawing with ink pens. I never thought I'd like it, since you can't erase, but I just decided, what the heck, one day and now I do it all the time. I've been filling a small sketchbook, about a quarter sheet of paper size, for a class project, so most of my drawings have been really small. (Once I get my hands on a scanner or a decent camera, I'll post some of them) This weekend, for another school assignment, I decided to try my hand at a bigger picture. This is the 9"x12"piece, taking all weekend to complete, but I'm pretty happy with the results.
...this is one of the squares of my town, what everyone refers to as the arches, based on the arched colonnade that lines one wall of it. It's pretty popular because it has a cafe for breakfast, a small produce grocery, and a pizzeria and bar with music for nightlife. I really like sitting on the stone bench under the arches (where I'm sitting for this sketch) and either people watching in the square, on gazing on the view outside the city walls. ... that will be my next art piece, drawing the view on the other side of the arches.
2 comments:
See, it looks like you're having fun and I really like the sketch. Plus, it'll be a great way to remember Italy.
Oh Sarah, you do have a talent for sure. I think it is a great sketch. I'm envious and would love to be there too. Maybe someday. Take care and we love you.
Post a Comment