Amazingly enough, I've already been in College Station for a week now and have survived the first week of classes. Slowly but surely, everything is coming back to me, like how humid it really was and how many stairs I had to climb, and hopefully a little bit of school-related knowledge as well.
I'm taking 15 hours this semester and I think it'll keep me really busy. Even in just one week I've already got lots to do. My studio will be intense, as always, though one big difference this semester is that my prof. will only be teaching us the first half of the semester. Then, she's trading places with a prof. in the Italy study abroad program who will teach us the remainder of the term. So, we are doing two projects with my prof. now... in 6 1/2 weeks, not very much time at all. My first project is due in two weeks from yesterday! Then, we'll have just as long to do only one project with the other prof, waaaay too long to spend on one project. *sigh* C'est la vie, I suppose. Anyway, the project we are working on right now is a wooden shadow box that is supposed to be a 3D interpretation of analysis sketches we made from a famous abstract work of art. I really don't like abstract art, but I think what I've somehow managed to come up with so far, my teacher likes. So hopefully it won't be too bad.
My other classes won't be quite as time consuming (hopefully), though they look like they will be harder than last semester. I'm in systems, which is learning about sustainability and green/eco-friendly designing in heating, cooling, and lighting aspects of design. I've heard it's not too hard, though we do have to learn stuff like sun angles for shading calculations and whatnot. I'm taking History of Modern Architecture, which won't be quite as fun as my previous Arch. Histories (esp. since this class has a group project -_- ) but I think I'll find some interesting points as I did enjoy my other history classes. I'm also taking Oceanography (yeah, really random) to fulfill my university science requirement - it sounds really boring but I've heard it's easy. And, I'm in Health and Pilates for my P.E. credit, once a week health class and once a week pilates instruction. Hopefully it'll be more fun than it was this week - it was really dull and kind of hurt last class.
Aside from classes, I'm [re]learning how to live with a roommate. My roommate last year moved off campus and this year I went completely potluck and got a freshman who's practically glued to her phone talking usually to her boyfriend, first thing in the morning and last thing at night. -_- ...it's just eight months, right?
I've only been to church once so far, and about half my ward is new, so that will take a while to get used to. Still no calling... yet... though I'm sure that won't be for long. Institute classes start next week and hopefully I'll be able to fit in Book of Mormon into my schedule. It'll be a little tricky, but I think I can manage with some good planning. Choir hasn't started up yet either :( it'll be nice once I can go to that again, though if my friend Neva isn't the director anymore, it won't be quite the same.
Nothing else really going on. Once I get my projects underway, I'll post some pictures... maybe you might actually be able to understand how I describe them...
1 comments:
http://westcoastgreen.com/knowledge-center/
Hi Sarah, I'm glad you are back blogging again. The above link is a cool site with lots of links to other sites. You may be interested. I surfed for an hour or so yesterday. We keep thinking of maybe building a smaller home. Love you, Grandma
Post a Comment