it's raining. again.
no... it's pouring... like it has been nearly every day since I came home from school. All day we are downpoured with rain by the buckets, as if someone just goes up to the sky and unzips the clouds. luckily we haven't had any floods, just a bad leak in the office, though a lot of the areas have. it seems that Texas can't just have normal weather, it is either drought or floods, but not a happy middle ground. I guess I should see it as a good thing. We are getting the water we need (well... more than enough) to fill the lakes that had been so low; it's helping to ease the drought of the last two years; the grass has never looked so green; and it keeps the temperature below triple digits, some days even under 90 (a really big deal for summer in Texas).
but... it's still rain nonetheless.
I guess when they say everything's bigger in Texas, it applies to our rain too.
1 comments:
It started to rain as we left I think and as we watch the news each day we wonder when it will ever stop. I'll bet it is beautiful though with all the green and lakes all full.
Post a Comment