So, now I can focus on getting my work done for the semester. Finals are coming soon. My construction teacher just announced the final exam will be online with a time frame Dec. 1st - 4th; my drawing final project will be due on Dec. 4th; and my studio's final is due on the 6th. Which means I'll be done with everything after the 6th... except my one history final on the 13th. I'll have a whole week with nothing to do but study for that one exam (which, I only studied a few hours for on the last test and aced it...). So, kind of a bummer, but I guess I can explore campus during that time, since it will be relatively deserted. Oh, I also have my ward choir Christmas concert thing on Dec. 10th. We are working on tons of Christmas songs getting ready to put on the entire sacrament meeting. I'm really excited for that because the songs are really nice. Especially this one we just got that is a capella, just for the girls, three part arrangement of Away in a Manger. It is really pretty and sounds impressive. I also get to play accompaniment for a few of the guys' songs!!! I'm really psyched for that! So even though I have to hang around campus longer than other, I'm excited all the same. Classes are winding down, the end is in sight! :) And soon I will be home for the holidays!! :D
Speaking of which, I got the halloween pictures to load. Now I can explain what my makeshift costume is. Carolyn (far lower left in group shot) is a facebook profile (for those who don't know, an online blog/messaging network originally for college students). I am her "facebook stalker", a kind of joke on facebook since a lot of information can be available which makes it much easier to stalk people. Just a joke of course (you can keep your info fairly private if you want; it gives you security options). Anyway, it got some laughs.
The group shot is of nearly everyone in my studio who went to Architorture (except Philip, taking the picture, who had a skeleton mask). From left to right: Carolyn, Facebook; me, facebook stalker; the legos - Nicole (blue), Kara (green), and the red one is their friend from another studio; [behind them] Zach, 50's guy; Chris, not exactly sure what genre... 20's maybe? but really spiffy outfit; Matt, Clark Kent/Superman - it's a button shirt that can pull open to reveal the superman suit!; Peter, construction worker; and in front, Kayla, who is Rogue from X-Men. 
Matt and Carolyn

The legos!
Chris, actually smiling - he's a very reserved guy 
I took a picture of what the interior of my new design for the Azimuth cafe would be, granted, in black and white on brown paper (and a bad glare from the flash). Fairly simple with some nice cafe tables and comfy couches. I'll keep up posting new art once I get it.
I wish everyone a happy thanksgiving!
1 comments:
Sarah,
Thanks for commenting on my blog. I needed a reminder to check for updates on yours. I'm sorry to say I haven't seen it in a while. You have beautiful work posted here. I'm a wee bit jealous of your ambition and architecture school. I'll definitely be better about watching it as I want to live somewhat vicariously. Happy Christmas coming up!
Aurelie
Post a Comment