I finished the cube! ... and some other projects.

Well, I thought I should update on my life, now that a huge project just finished. Of course we'll just dive right into the next one tomorrow, but I think I deserve a little break, especially considering it took me three extra long evenings in studio until midnight to finish it (and I was one of the first ones done with the cube.) My other classes are all going pretty well too. I managed to pull straight A's for my midterms! Now we'll see if I can keep them there. :D Construction Science is still a boring lecture, but the teacher is nice and tries to keep us awake, and he definitely likes boost our quizzes and tests, all of which are open book and have bonus points. Architecture History is a bigger lecture but it is pretty interesting, and the prof. definitely keeps us awake with her lightning speed lectures and slideshows with us trying to keep up taking notes. The first exam wasn't too bad, though I still have two more to go, the next one being in a week. : Drawing definitely takes up any free time that design leaves me, with tons of projects in quick succession. I'm doing really well in that class and I enjoy the class, but I wish we had a little more time to spend on our projects now and then. For instance, there is a little sad looking cafe in the Langford Building that is just pitiful. One of our drawing assignments assigned last Wednesday is to redesign the entire cafe and outside courtyard (which currently is an ugly parking lot) complete with a floor plan, section view, and one-point interior rendering of what it would look like, all due tomorrow. *sigh* luckily, we convinced him to give us more time for the inside drawing, but it's still a big undertaking. My design lecture is still a nuisance, but it's only a 1 credit hour course, so I try not to stress too much. And I don't even have it next week. The college of Architecture cancelled all classes next Monday for some graduate program thing. Whatever the reason, it means I have no classes on Monday, the day with my design studio, design lecture, and drawing class! Everyone is definitely excited for that!

In other news besides school... well... I really don't have a life much out of school. I try and attend institute classes every week. I joined the ward choir, so that's been sort of fun. I also am a Family Home Evening group leader, but I can't say it's as much fun as choir... prob. far from it, but we all need callings, I suppose. ... Let's just say I'll be very happy once I'm released from that calling. Other things... I've been sick most of the month of October, who knows what with. Prob. some cold/flu/weather change related sickness, perhaps bronchitis or something; a lot of bad illnesses have been floating around campus. Whatever it was/is, it caused the month of October to just fly by. It's hard to believe it's practically November! I have a month until Thanksgiving (yipee!) and then after that, I only have 2 1/2 weeks until I'm off for a month for Christmas!!! :D This semester is just zooming by, though at times it feels as though I've been here an eternity. Funny how time works that way. Anyway, the following pictures are more projects I've done. Hopefully soon I get around campus and take pictures of all the places I work at, eat at, live in, walk by and anything else important or cool here.


Here's the cube, one with the studio light, the other with the flash on. I got an A- on it, one of the highest grades in the class! And more importantly, that project is OVER! :D

Another poster project for my design lecture

These are all shadow construction exercises we worked on in class, learning how to draw shadows in perspective. The one with stairs I actually designed the entire structure from scratch and then drew the shadows based on what we had learned in class.




This is the All Faith's Chapel on campus. We had to draw the "light" using colored pencils (I've never used so much white colored pencil before) on a dark colored paper. It was really hard and it didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped, but it still got an A-, a really good grade, especially when some people I thought deserved A's only got B++++ (yes, that many pluses - our teacher is weird; I've had as many as 7 minuses on my A). I won't question it though.

2 comments:

Richard Crookston said...

Wow! How fun to see all the great projects you've been telling me about. I love you. Mom

Grandma and Grandpa Clark said...

You are working hard. Keep up the good work. Good job!!!! Grandma Clark