More projects I've done


Charcoal Still Life #2













Charcoal Still Life #1













Charcoal live - Sam


















Charcoal copy - Old Man


















Charcoal live - Erin


















Charcoal live - Chris


















Black and White Design Project Idea #1













Black and White Design Project Idea #2







Black and White Design Project Idea #3 and #4

The charcoal drawings are from my ENDS 115 Drawing class, the same class the previous post's pictures are from. We've moved on to charcoal, then pastel, and now started colored pencil. My pastel drawings are still being graded. Each still life we had about 15 minutes to work on. We also took about 15 minutes for the copy charcoal person (the old man - not a real person in my class). The other people are students in my class who modeled in front of the room. Sam is the only one that looks pretty realistic, in my opinion; she was the first one I did and all the rest I did somehow looked like her. I guess I subconsciously kept repeating myself.

The other pictures are from my ENDS 105 Design class. This is the only project we've worked on. We just finished and turned in the final on Wednesday. I don't have a picture of it yet; it's still in the studio. These are the preliminary ideas we have spent the last three weeks on, basically until we got an idea the prof. liked. He finally liked my third (luckily since many didn't reach that point until number five or six ideas, even though we were only required to turn in three pre-projects). So I pretty much copied it while changing the top left corner, replacing it with the extra piece next to it in the photo. That's pretty much what the final looks like, only much crisper and cleaner. We are starting a new project next week, basically a 3D version of this project - the dreaded white cube that everyone who's done it has hated (when you mention this class, they all respond the same: "Oooohhh... you've got him." "I'm sorry" or "good luck" all while holding in laughter or looks of true pity). We'll have to see how horrible it really is.

1 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa Clark said...

Sarah, what a great way to keep a journal and also share with your family. We think it is great. Good worrk too. It will be interesting to see how you progress. So keep posting. We love you. Grandma and Granpa Clark xoxoxox ps hows the social life going? :) any more reivival meetings?