Junior year I took the 3 1/6 AP classes: English Language, U.S. History, Drawing Portfolio, and part of French 4. But I only took the English and U.S. History tests, both of which I received a 4 (out of 5) on, very good grades that are getting me out of 12 credit hours in college. This year I took 4 AP classes: English Literature, Calculus AB, Government (one semester), and Economics (one semester). I decided to only take the Calculus and Economics tests. I didn't need the english test since I got out of all my english credit from last year's test, and I didn't learn a thing in gov't so I would have failed it.
I studied some for my tests, did a couple review sessions, but nothing major. I had several friends taking 4 tests this year alone, some even 5 or 6 tests! I think (and told them on several occasions) that they're crazy, to which they all replied "Yeah, I know... what was I thinking?" They were are going insane these past couple weeks, cramming in studying in any moment they could - some even brought review worksheets to our senior award ceremony last night!
Oh! Speaking of that, last night we had our senior awards where they give awards for best students in all the classes and for competitions, top 10% recognition, and every single scholarship each student got awarded. Anyway, they don't tell you what awards you're getting until they announce it while you're on the stage. So I was quite surprised when I heard I got two class awards (especially considering the fact that only one, maybe two, students from each type of class get them AND that I'm only in 5 classes total): I won the AP Calculus AB award AND the AP Economics award!!! How cool is that? I had kind of hoped I would get one of them, but both! My dad was video taping it, and on the tape you can watch me get this huge toothy grin when I heard the second class award. That was really neat.
ANYWAY, now that the award ceremony and all the AP testing is done, all I have left to do, pretty much, is count down to GRADUATION!!!! It's on May 25th so only twelve days left. But it feels like so much less because of finals. See, as incentive to seniors to still go to classes and get good grades, my school has Senior Exemptions: for each class, if you have an A and 3 or less absences, OR if you have a B and 2 or less absences, then you don't have to take that class's final. So, most of my friends and me included don't have to even come to school the last week during finals because we are all exempt! :D So, really my last day of classes is next Friday! Only one more week until freedom! Just one more week until I leave that school building! ... just one more week to try and get all my friends to sign my yearbook before I never see them again. *Sigh* dilemmas, dilemmas. :)
So, for two more weeks, I can revel in my distinction as a Senior, before I graduate, recieve a diploma, and become a fish all over again. ...
*SENIORS 2006!!!!*
1 comments:
Oh honey after reading your post to your new blog i just wish you were here so I could just hug you. I know you don't like that too much but I really felt like I would have liked to. :) It was a great post and thank you. We are way proud of you you know. You did so well and I know you will go on to do great things in this old world. Congratulations!Grandma Clark xoxoxxoxoo :)
Post a Comment