Right after school ended, I got to spend about a week and a half with my sister, Amanda, and my nephew Andrew (who had just turned two) while her husband was gone on business trips, so I could help out around the house and just get away from Texas for a while. I didn't get too many pictures, but I had a really nice time hanging out with family and thoroughly enjoying the nice Michigan weather (currently in College Station, we've been having awful heat waves with no rain since May and weeks of 100+ degree highs each day... -_- ugh). We went shopping, out to eat, to the library, to the park, on playdates, to a small neighborhood parade for Memorial day and to this nature walk nearby (pictures below). It was so nice not to have to think about projects or deadlines.
It was fun to play with Andrew and all his cars, that is, when he wanted you to play. He'd get right up next to you, hold out his hand and say, "come! Sar, come" (he couldn't quite say my name yet), and when he was done with you, he'd say "go away." and at least a few times a day he'd walk over to me and say "Sar sleep on couch". I guess having someone still asleep when he woke up in the mornings was a foreign concept to him. He was definitely a handful at times and full of boundless energy that I do not have, yet still adorable too.
1 comments:
Love the pictures. Mom
Post a Comment