I now feel like I'm officially an aggie. Yesterday, after three years of hard work and over a hundred credit hours of college, I received my AGGIE RING!!! :D Definitely one of the biggest most important tradition of any Texas A&M student's life. It is definitely an exciting event and something every aggie greatly anticipates. It's just hard to believe I've been here long enough to get my own ring.Another rite of passage tradition that goes along with this is the ring dunk. Basically, you drop your ring in a pitcher of beer, then chug the whole pitcher as fast as you can and catch the ring in your teeth at the end. ... sounds kinda hazing-ish when you put it that way, but it's a pretty big deal here, with lots of friends and parties and such. Anyway, a bunch of my friends from studio convinced me to join their dunk, making seven dunkers total. It's traditionally beer, but for those like me who don't drink, you have to get creative. One of my friends doesn't like beer so he dunked in cream soda. I've heard everything from orange juice or V8 splash to ice cream or cheese cake. I wanted to stick a little close to tradition, so a friend suggested apple juice, since it kinda looks like beer, lol. And, being as classy as I am, I didn't have a pitcher, so I dunked straight from the container. :)
Hudson prepping the crowd for the dunk.
Jennifer chose a large mug over a pitcher (held 3 cans vs. 5 cans).
...holding my "pitcher"... all 64 oz of juice... wondering what the heck provoked me to go through with this...
...ready...
...set...Generally, you try and finish within 2 to 3 minutes, and anything less than one is really good. We had two people finish under a minute, one in 48 seconds and one in 32 seconds. Everyone else finished within a few minutes. Only four of the seven puked (not me, thankfully), which is pretty good odds at these events, haha.
Now I feel I can truly say, "Howdy! I'm Sarah, a senior architecture major, but more importantly, I am the proudest member of the fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2010! A! Whoop!"





2 comments:
good job Sarah, we are proud of you. Not sure how you managed to get that much juice down in one sitting but glad it happened and you caught the ring and are now official. :)
Way to go Sarah!!! I hope things are going well for you:-)
Post a Comment