Christmas 2008

I'm still here! I know it's been a while, things have just been crazy since I got back from Italy and the blog sorta got set to the back burner and forgotten. So here are some catch up posts.

Christmas was really nice this year. Everyone was able to be home. Amanda and family actually surprised my entire family by driving down without telling us (well, I was let in on the secret... unfortunately I mixed up their arrival date and we weren't home when they came! fortunately our neighbors let them hang out for a while until we got back, and it was still a fun surprise, even if it was at 11pm, lol). It was a lot of fun having the whole family here and especially with an excited toddler too. These are all of our stockings on Christmas morning, and Andrew (19 mths) discovering the fun that comes with them.
... peeking inside.

... found some cool toys.


... "hurry mom! I want to play with it now!"

"yeah! puzzles!" ... and about five minutes later, more rummaging through everyone's stockings. Andrew was so cute all day long. He loved looking at his and everyone else's new stuff, and he especially liked getting candy, always asking for more M&M's.
I got some cool stuff too. My parents splurged and got each of us new flat-screen TV's ! sweet! I also got this cake stand (which doubles as a punch bowl) from Michael and Meghan...
... and this silcone baking set from Amanda and Katsu. Now that I'll actually have a kitchen, I was really excited to try them all out.

Andrew got to pass out all of the gifts for us to open which was so fun because he was still learning who was who, so we'd have to guide him sometimes to the right person.

He also really really liked cars (most of his gifts were car related), and when he saw this set of five hot wheels, he was practically hyperventilating with joy until they were out of the box so he could play with them.

... he loved to carry them around, always trying to hold more than one in each hand.

0 comments: