moving out and in...

Well, finals have been long done, the semester is over, and I finally am done with the dorms. I officially moved out May 7th right after exams and moved straight into my friend Ruth's apartment (I'm subleasing her room for the summer while she's away at an internship in D.C.). While there have been some big adjustments, some good (like having my own room, a kitchen, a keyboard [Ruth's left hers for me to use], couches, no more fourth floor, getting to cook for myself, etc.), some not so good (bugs, a window a/c unit in the living room that doesn't cool off the bedrooms, no internet, having to cook for myself, etc.), I think I'm finally settling in. I'm working full time at my job as an archive assistant for the entire month of May, so it's been interesting to get a taste of the real world, since I don't have any school right now. The days do get long, but it sure is nice not having any homework when I am done.

Oh speaking of which, I got back my grades: I got a B in theory (yeah!) and A's in everything else, gov't included (total shock!)!!! I guess my gov't prof curved the final grades, because with my scores I made an 88.5, usually considered a B... not that I'm complaining! I was expecting that I'd get a B in that and preparing for a C in theory (esp. since I was barely pulling a B and had to get a B on the final to keep it, and 1/3 of the class fails...), so I was ready to see a 3.4, but managed to get a 3.8 for the semester!!!!!! While even working part time too!!! So that means I have a cumulative 3.88 for my college GPR. ... pretty sweet, no? and, now I'm officially two years done with two years to go, and 82 credit hours under my belt. Add the 8 I'm taking over the summer and I'll start next fall as a senior... credit wise at least (with 90 hours)... not possible to graduate any earlier than two years, but oh well, that's how my degree plan works.

Anyway, I was able to get away for the holiday weekend to spend some time at home before summer school starts in June, and I go back to working just part time. And before I know it, I'll be back in last August getting ready to go study abroad in Italy in the fall! So, ciao for now!

(Here's some pics of my new place... on one of the "cleaner" days...)






0 comments: