Though the holidays are pretty much over, I still have a week and half left of vacation (woohoo!) until I have to go back to school (...bummer). Christmas was really great this year. Michael and Meghan got to come visit and stayed for a few days. We watched lots of movies and ate lots of food and just enjoyed being together with family.
Mom, Dad, Michael and Meghan in front of the Christmas tree
Michael and Meghan with me (... my hair is getting really long, no?)
This is my gingerbread house I made this year. It was so much fun, especially since I missed getting to make one the last two years. It is completely made from scratch, even the cookie dough and royal icing. The windows are made from crushed hard candies I melted in the holes. I even put a candle in it to light it up. I'm pretty proud of how it turned out, and it makes the house smell wonderful.
Meghan and Michael opening gifts (... technically these are their birthday gifts - both their birthdays are really close to Christmas so the got to open them here, and we forgot to take pics during Christmas morning.)
So, as quick as they came, the holidays are over. All that's left to look forward to is another long and difficult school term *sigh* ... well, that, plus my birthday next week. :P I'll be twenty years old a week from friday! crazy, no?!
Have a Happy New Year!
1 comments:
Happy New Year to all of you too. The pictures were great. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Clark
Post a Comment