finally (semi-) free!

summer school is OVER!!! halleluiah! monday was my last day, the final, and since then aside from work, I've pretty much just been sleeping. this class kicked my butt - I was spending six to seven hours on average a night doing homework and studying. I don't think I've ever spent that much time on a class before (except studio... and even then...), especially not a math class. But I guess it paid off - I got an A!!! :D I even made 100 on my first two tests! So now I can rest easy knowing I made an A in both calculus one and two during the summer -- and they aren't even required for my major! hahaha! :)

anyway, while I am free from school for a few weeks, I'm not just doing nothing all day - I'm still working until the end of next week, plus I'm spending a lot of my time with church choir. We are putting on a fireside music program thing on Sunday night called Women at the Well (if anyone's heard it before). It's about all the women in the scriptures and almost completely solos and a couple duets. Our director chose it because this summer we have a lot of girls still here but have had a hard getting guys to come to choir, so she thought this would be fun. I have a solo plus, since our choir pianist is gone for the summer, the director divied up the songs amongst me and two other piano playing girls in the ward, so I'm also playing the accompaniment for three other songs. So, I've had my work cut out for me learning those on the small little keyboard that Ruth left me for the summer. Let's just say the composer must have wrote some of these songs just to spite the poor pianists who have to play them -- for instance (for those who know music), one of my songs starts in key of B (five sharps), then transposes to the key of D flat (five flats)... -_- not exactly friendly. but, whatever. it's getting there, and they are pretty songs, just hard... might have been a little easier had I not just got them two weeks ago... lol, hopefully it will all pull together nicely by Sunday.

so, my summer is nearly over - not even two more weeks in college station, then back home for a couple weeks before flying out to Italy for three months!! =O ... so soon... yikes...

0 comments: