I have now officially finished my first semester of sophomore year, as weird as it sounds. Only 2 1/2 years until I graduate (hopefully). Funny how fast time moves when you aren't paying attention.
Finals are over and I'm relaxing at home where I'll stay for a whole month for Christmas break! :D Classes ended as well as I could have hoped for, I suppose. I only know 3 of my 5 grades right now, but the ones I do know are good - all A's! I barely scraped an A in architecture history. I had to get at least an 82 on the final to make an A in the class, and got an 83. *phew!* Doesn't really make too much of a difference, since Texas A&M doesn't have pluses or minuses, so an A is anything 90 and above. A little frustrating at times, though, since the A that I got in my oceanography class looks the same, when in fact I got a 96 in lecture and a 99 in lab... well, I'll always know what I actually got behind those letters.
Still haven't found out for systems or studio. I'm hoping for A's in both, actually. In systems, I only needed to get at least a 71 on the final to make an A. It was a really hard final, but I think I could have pulled it off. As for studio, I got a 93 with my first prof, and I'm pretty sure I got an A with the second prof, but the third prof never once gave us an idea of where we stood as grades were concerned. I don't think he really likes grades much. *sigh* I'm soooo glad that class is over. We ended up doing "research" for the ENTIRE six weeks! It was awful because it ended up being so-called 'research' about a new Target developer and whether they were doing legal and sound practices (which no matter what my prof says, they were). We had to post our 'findings' on a blog (if you're curious, you can see it here). The thing that was most frustrating is the more we dug for information, the more the company looked good and seemed like they were doing a good job, yet my prof refused to believe it. Oh well, it's all over now, thank goodness. I just hope I get a good grade out of it.
Other than school, life's pretty much been the same. At church, I'm getting used to being Relief Society Secretary (though I won't say I enjoy it yet), so that's not as bad, I suppose. We just had our choir's Christmas program on Sunday that went really well. I was really glad, especially since we have had lots of extra practices and yet when we performed it was our very first run through of the program! But it ended up better than I could have thought, as they always do, and we got lots of compliments. It was nice to finally be able to sing the songs we've been working on for so long. I can't wait to get the music for our Easter program! :)
Thanksgiving was nice, quiet but nice. Just me and my parents. But we've done that before, a couple years ago - and at least this time I didn't have to run off to work right after the meal. (man, I'm sooo glad I'm not a cashier anymore, especially seeing all the stores on black friday) It was definitely a nice break from the hectic life in College Station. We got to play games, watch football, go early morning shopping, and we even picked pecans on a nature trail not to far from our house. It would have been a little more fun had we not all got bad colds at the end of the week, but even still, I love the holidays at home.
0 comments:
Post a Comment